Welcome to my blog.

The day-to-day ramblings of my life. Everything from Sabe to Sorrdid Lives.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Giving up the Dream (House)

So, I have a dilemma. I have always dreamed of my house. The house that I would build when I grew-up. I can picture my perfect bathroom and shiny kitchen. The hardwood floors, the fireplace and the laundry room. Now that I have grown up a little, I see that building a dream house isn't in the cards for everyone.

My father would like us to buy his house. It's a perfectly nice house. Built less than 10 years ago. I even had some input in the design. While it's perfectly nice, it's not the house that I would build. No double sinks in the master bath, no pot filler in the kitchen and hardly what I would call an ideal laundry room.

It's a great price and it's next door to my siblings where I want to be. I guess the question is: Is the convenience of an all-ready built perfectly nice house worth giving up the dream of the dream house???

More on that to come...

No comments: