Welcome to my blog.

The day-to-day ramblings of my life. Everything from Sabe to Sorrdid Lives.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cute as a pencil troll???

First of all, I would like to say that whatever JACKASS decided to tell pregnant women that the nasuea goes away after twelve weeks, should be shot in the foot!

On to my story....

Last night I was laying on the couch watching Law and Order:SVU and feeling horribly sick.

My loving husband was outside in the garage, playing with friends, drinking beer and arguing about politics. He came in to refresh his beverage and our conversation went something like this:

Husband: Oh dearest wife, is my child in your belly making you sick again?

Me: What do you think?

H: I'm sorry you're sick.

M: I know.

H: If it helps at all, you are very cute lying there.

M: Really? (insert kiss) You are so good to me.

H: Yep, you're as cute as a pencil troll. (He says smiling).

M: Excuse you? Did you just say I was "cute as a pencil troll"?

H: You know, the little trolls on the end of a pencil.

M: I know what they are. The ones with the crazy hair and the big noses. Thanks a lot!

H: Not the hair part, just the cute little face. You have a cute little face.

M: Thanks. You've done enough to cheer me up, please go back outside now.

I went to bed shortly after that (didn't stay asleep thanks to the baby). When I woke up this morning, there was my darling husband. Sleeping peacefully beside me. As he woke up, he saw me laying there awake and gave me a little kiss.

Husband: Good morning, beautiful.

Me: Good morning, pencil troll.
What do think? Look like me?

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I miss my troll doll collection!

Congrats on being pregnant! Have you mentioned that before? How on earth did I miss that one??

When I was pregnant I threw up twice a day for the first 4 months. Then it started again the week before she was born. I bet that makes you feel loads better!!

Renegade said...

This is the first time I mention it in the blog!!! Thanks for the congrats! I sure hope I'm not sick for another month!